The Offical Webpage for The East Side Mags Commander Cup. Here you can see the offical rules, review standings, and sign up for future events!
Deck Construction and General Points
- 100 card deck (including commander)
- 15 card sideboard
- You do not have to use the same deck every week
- Cards must adhere to the banlist found at MTGCommander.net
- Exceptions to these rules will be made for first time offensives with the agreement of players in the room and at the discretion of the judge
- After a first time offense, the player will be given an automatic loss
- You are expected to know how each card works, including interactions, if you don't know, ask!
- Each player must give each other player time to respond, ask questions and read cards
- Anthing not mentioned here is up to the discretion of the judge and these rules are subject to change
- Players will be placed in pods of 3 or 4, depending on the number of participants
- Each player will play a regular, multiplayer game of commander with the following procedure:
- Each player rolls a 20-sided die to determine who goes first
- High role goes first and play proceeds to the left of the player
- Once order is choosen, each player reveals their commander
- Each player will then have 5 minutes to sideboard
- Players shuffle and draw 7 cards
- Each player is allowed 1 free mulligan
- After the free mulligan, standard mulligan rules apply (draw one less, scry)
- Games continue until only 1 player remains
- The winner of each pod will be added to the second round "Winner Pod" to determine the champion
- Other players will be randomly matched for round 2
- Pods must have a minumum of 3 players and a max of 4
- If there is only 1 pod for round 1, all players are automatically in the "Winner Pod"
- If there are only 2 pods, a 1v1 match between the 2 winners will occur
- The judge might play to round out pods, however, he cannot win
- If a juge wins a pod, the second place player will advance to the "Winner Pod"
Below is a chart describing points earned for each event
|Winner of Loser Pod||2|
The table below, updated weekly, displays the current rankings of each player who has participated.
Last Update: 10/29 - Game 5
|Rank||Name||Total Points||Games Played|
|5||Julian Van Esselstine||7||5|